IVALORE is a hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste manager, accredited by the Catalan Waste Agency E-993-07, specialized in the management of hazardous waste, and in the valorization of industrial waste coming mainly from manufacturing, distribution and transformation processes of the chemical industry, surface treatments, graphic arts, etc.
At IVALORE we manage industrial waste in an agile and carefree way, prioritizing recovery.
As an authorized waste manager, we carry out waste collection, storage, transfer, recovery and disposal activities and we offer a comprehensive waste management service for our clients.
In addition, we advise and offer support in the identification, classification and labeling of waste.
We also carry out all the necessary waste document management for its treatment and transportation, ensuring that the waste is managed with the most beneficial option for the company producing hazardous waste and for the environment.
What waste do we manage?
At IVALORE we manage hazardous and non-hazardous industrial waste in general and since 2006 we have provided waste management solutions to more than 400 producers of hazardous waste from industry in the following sectors:
- Wastes from chemical surface treatment and metal coating.
- Wastes from the manufacture, formulation, distribution and use of coatings (paints, varnishes and vitreous enamels), adhesives, sealants and printing inks.
- wastes from the molding and physical and mechanical surface treatment of metals and plastics
- wastes from organic chemical processes
- wastes from inorganic chemical processes
- Waste oils and liquid fuels
- wastes or sludges/sludge from wastewater treatment plants (sewage treatment plants)
- Hazardous plastic and metal packaging waste; absorbents, contaminated cleaning rags, filter materials and protective clothing.- Waste from thermal processes
- Waste from the photographic industry
- General industrial hazardous waste management...
IVALORE is not a waste manager authorized to manage sanitary, radioactive or explosive wastes.
Steps for IVALORE to manage your company's waste
1. Contact us. Tell us what waste you produce and what waste you want us to manage.
2. Visit your facilities (have a conversation). We want to get to know you and the business personally so we can assess which service is best for your needs. We will contact you to know your production process, the nature of the waste generated, its hazardousness and the necessary conditions for its adequacy and transportation.
3. We analyze the waste to be managed: We take a sample, analyze the waste and select the waste treatment to be carried out, prioritizing recovery.
4. We send you a quotation: We write and send the economic offer to manage the requested waste.
5. We schedule waste removal: With the accepted offer, we proceed to arrange the date and the necessary aspects for waste removal (labeling, packaging, etc.).
6. We generate the documentation: Generation of the documentation to meet the legal requirements for waste management and transport: Management of the acceptance form, the tracking sheet, if necessary, the corresponding ADR documentation (transport letter, safety sheet, etc.).
7. We collect the waste: Collection and transport if the customer requires this service.
8. We receive the waste: We receive the waste in our facilities and communicate to the client the correct reception of this or possible incidences that may occur.
9. Treatment of the waste: Storage of the waste for its subsequent management, valuation and/or treatment.
10. We generate the final documentation: We generate the final documentation for the customer as the process has been carried out as planned.
Do you want to know how much it will cost you to have us manage your waste?
Contact us to receive a price quotation for the management of your waste without any obligation.
More than 400 companies are already 100% dedicated to taking care of what is really important in their business.
At IVALORE we prioritize customer service and work daily to identify and solve the needs related to the management and recovery of our customers' waste based on the following 4 pillars:
1) Agility in waste management
- Attention in less than 24 hours of information requests made through the web and/or calls.
- Service offers in less than 48 hours (depending on the characterization of the waste and the management method).
- Priority attention to waste removal requests
2) Commitment to the client
- More than 14 years of service meeting the needs of our customers.
- Preferential response to our customers' emergencies.
- Guidance in the most efficient way of management
3) Ease of service provision
- We provide waste labels, mandatory waste documentation and ADR documentation.
- Flexibility to create tailor-made collection services, taking into account the needs of small waste producers.
- Reporting, through our website, of the quantities of waste managed annually in order to provide mandatory environmental declarations.
- Single interlocutor
- Unification of transports
4) Ongoing advice
- Environmental advice for the correct waste management, thanks to the integration within the TRACTAMENT MEDIAMBIENTAL INTEGRAL SL (TMI environmental consultancy) business group.
- Assistance in waste minimization at source.
Since 2006 we manage and recover industrial waste from our plant located in Catalonia.
Frequently asked questions
I am a producer of industrial waste, how should I manage it?
In any urban, commercial or industrial activity, waste is generated. Individuals or legal entities that generate this waste are considered waste producers.
In the industrial field, it is the responsibility of the producer to classify the waste generated, and its codification according to the existing scales. It is also the responsibility of the producer to ensure that the waste is properly managed considering its nature and hazardousness.
What does the integrated waste management service include?
In order to make waste management as agile as possible, we take care of all the waste generated in your industry through our integrated waste management service.
This service includes the entire waste management process: at the source, identification, determination of the waste management route, conditioning, transportation and final management.
Our services include:
- Advice to minimize waste generation at source.
- Sampling and classification of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Selection of the management method to be used, prioritizing recovery, if possible in our facilities.
- Waste conditioning
- Reduction of the number of waste transports to be carried out as much as possible.
- Configuration of labels for hazardous waste
- Advice on the legislation to be complied with (ADR, Waste, Safety Advisor, etc.).
- Delivery, if necessary, of the corresponding ADR documentation (Transport Letter, Safety Data Sheet, etc.).
- Delivery of big bags, tanks or waste containers suitable for the storage of hazardous waste.
- We optimize the removal of the waste
- Tracking of managed waste on our website.
- Possibility to carry out the regulatory waste registration on our web site
What waste can be recovered at IVALORE?
As specialists in the recovery of hazardous waste from processes and treatments of metal and plastic surfaces, we prioritize the recovery of waste, either in our facilities or through external recovery.
The wastes for which we have a valorization process in our facilities are:
- Nickel baths
- Solutions containing nickel
- Solutions of waste from metal pickling
- Copper baths
- Tin baths
- Pickling solutions
- acid and alkaline solutions containing heavy metals
- Smelting slags containing nickel, copper, tin, zinc, etc.
- Plastics containing metals
- Aluminum anodizing baths
- Sludge or sludge from physicochemical treatment plants containing copper, nickel, tin, silver, etc.
- Wastes containing precious metals
- Electronic waste, precious metal catalysts, etc...
What is waste and why should it be managed?
According to its definition (DL 1/2009), a waste is any substance or object that the holder discards or intends or is obliged to discard.
Based on this definition, it is easy to imagine the large amount of waste generated annually in homes, businesses and industry in a given territory.
If we look at the specific figures provided by the National Institute of Statistics, in urban areas in Spain, more than 470 kg of waste per person is generated each year.
As a whole, the Spanish economy generates around 130 million tons of waste per year. Of this, around 40 million tons are waste generated in industry.
How is waste classified?
Waste is classified according to its origin, composition and characteristics.
A distinction must also be made between hazardous and non-hazardous waste. Directive 2008/98/EC defines hazardous waste as waste with one or more hazardous characteristics as defined in the directive itself.
Within these characteristics we find aspects such as whether it is explosive, oxidizing, flammable, irritant, toxic, carcinogenic, corrosive, infectious, toxic for reproduction, causing mutations, releasing acutely toxic gases, sensitizing or ecotoxic.
Therefore, due to the large amount of waste generated annually and the possible effects on the health of people and ecosystems, proper waste management is essential.
In order to manage waste correctly, it must be handled by an authorized waste manager.
What is a waste manager (in Catalonia, Spain) obliged to do?
A waste manager has a set of legal obligations derived from the legal framework that applies to its activity.
Also, the set of norms and rules of application depend on the territory where the waste is generated and managed. In the case of Catalonia, we would highlight the following regulations:
- European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR 2019).
- Royal Decree 553/2020, of June 2, which regulates the shipment of waste within the territory of the State.
- Law 20/2009, of December 4, 2009, on the prevention and environmental control of activities.
- Decree 152/2017, of October 17, on the classification, codification and waste management routes in Catalonia and the Guide that develops it
- Legislative Decree 1/2009, of 21 July, approving the revised text of the Law regulating waste
- Decree 93/1999, of April 6, 1999, on waste management procedures.
This legislative framework determines a set of legal obligations to which a waste manager must respond. By way of summary, a waste manager must:
Obtain in advance the necessary licenses and authorizations considering the facilities and waste to be managed, deposit a sufficient bond to fulfill the obligations acquired and circumscribe the activity, if applicable, to the prefixed areas or territorial zones.
Guarantee that the management operations are carried out without endangering the health of people or the environment, and that they have a minimum impact on noise pollution, odors and the landscape
To provide the administration with all the information required to ensure compliance with legal measures.
To be authorized to carry out their activity by the competent bodies (in Catalonia, the Catalan Waste Agency and to be registered in the Transport Register).
Ensure that the transfer and management of waste is properly documented, by means of a waste treatment contract and all those documents that need to be completed considering the nature, hazardousness and quantity of waste: Prior notification, acceptance form, tracking sheet, identification document, itinerant tracking sheet, proof of receipt of waste or construction waste management document.
In the event that dangerous goods are transported by road or rail, or that they are responsible for loading or unloading linked to this transport, they must have at least one safety advisor designated to prevent the risks to persons, property or the environment inherent to these activities.
Waste managers registered in the General Register of Waste Managers of Catalonia must keep a register of incoming waste and a register of outgoing waste and materials.
They must also submit a monthly summary of their activity and make an annual waste declaration, which must be submitted to the Waste Agency of Catalonia.
Guarantee that the requirements and obligations in the management of waste with origin or destination outside Catalonia are fulfilled.
What services does Ivalore offer?
- Integral waste management
- Rental and removal of containers.
- Sampling and analysis of expired hazardous waste stored in the client's own facilities, classification and grouping of the same.
- Waste transportation
- Dismantling of factories, facilities or tanks with hazardous chemical products, coordination of the works, or participation in them with our own personnel.
- Cleaning of tanks, vats, etc.
- Sale of homologated tanks for waste conditioning.
- Regulatory labels for waste
- Necessary documentation for the removal of the waste (Bill of Lading, Safety Data Sheet, etc.).
- External safety advisor
- Management support software: Including regulatory waste registration, general waste documentation registration, general environmental documentation registration and online information on the legal requirements applicable to your industry and continuously updated.
Do you have any questions?
More than 5,000 tons per year of waste managed between our CRT and valorization services endorse our management capacity and commitment to society and the environment.
If you have any questions regarding the management of waste generated by your company or would like a quote for your waste, please do not hesitate to contact us, either by phone or through the web form.
We will contact you in less than 24 hours to provide you with the best solution for the management of your industrial waste.